Jul 7, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Shane Victorino, and Hunter Pence are the players most people think of when evaluating who Ruben Amaro Jr. could unload in a few weeks when he finally comes to the same realization — or at least admits it — the rest of us have, that the Phillies are not making the playoffs this season.
But another guy who Buster Olney says is garnering a bit of interest among teams looking for a leadoff-type hitter is Juan Pierre and his .317/.355/.387 slash line. Olney mentions the Reds specifically.
Pierre wouldn’t be all that tough for Phillies fans to see head out of town for a rebuilding piece. While he’s hit for an impressive average this season, his making the team out of spring training was even somewhat of a surprise. He can steal some bases, a skill the team seems to be lackluster at these days, but he adds zero pop for a corner outfielder.
Are you ready for the Phillies to go all-out fire sale mode or do you think they should be extra selective in the deals they do over the next few weeks?
|solidsender on We’re comparing Michael…|
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages