Sep 17, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
Simply put, the Phillies offense needs to wake up. The fans know it. Charlie Manuel knows it. And the Phillies know it.
They enter tonight having scored 3 runs of less in each of their last eight games. They’ve hit a paltry .200 over that span including .207 with runners in scoring position. Roy, Cliff, Cole and company are good, but they need support to get those wins.
It’ll be Roy Oswalt (7-9, 3.88) on the mound tonight as the Phillies attempt once again to clinch a fifth-straight NL East Championship. The Braves defeated the Mets 1-0 earlier in the day, so the Phillies’ magic number remains 1.
Win and pop bottles.
Charlie Manuel has the eight regulars you’d expect to be his postseason guys for the first time in over a month. They’ll take on Cardinals right-hander Jake Westbrook (12-8, 4.61). The Cards continue to play some hot ball, winners of 8 of their last 9.
Tonight’s Lineup: Rollins, Victorino, Utley, Howard, Pence, Ibanez, Polanco, Ruiz, and Oswalt.
Extra Bodys: With the IronPigs’ season ending yesterday, the Phillies have brought a handful of guys to CBP today to add some length to the bench and bullpen. Relievers Joe Savery and Justin De Fratus join Dom Brown, catcher Erik Kratz, and outfielder Brandon Moss.
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|thisguy on Philly WrestleMania update: no…|
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages