Jun 15, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Kyle Kendrick earned his paycheck on Wednesday afternoon as the Phillies spot starter put in seven very solid innings of work, with a first inning longball to Logan Morrison his only real blemish on the day. KK’s final line: 7 IP, 5 hits, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 Ks.
“Some of the greatest things about him is he don’t miss a turn. He’ll pitch whenever you want him to,” Charlie Manuel said of Kendrick after the game.
The bats did their part as well, staying hot and smacking around rookie Elih Villanueva for 8 earned runs in only 3 innings of work. The Phils put up a run in each of the first two innings, but it was a huge 6-run third frame that put this game away.
Chase Utley started things off by getting nicked on the foot by a pitch. Howard followed that up with a walk to put two men on for Dom Brown. The hot rookie grounded out to first, but Ben Francisco worked a walk to load the bases.
That’s when Wilson Valdez cleared them with a rare triple for the goateed Mr. Everything. Valdez played third today, and delivered three hits and three RBIS as well as a run scored.
Jimmy Rollins topped his pal Wilson’s RBI count with a third inning homer of his own. Jimmy finished the day 2-5 with 4 RBIs and a run scored. When J-Roll gets hot, this team is dangerous, and Jimmy’s been great this series.
All around great win this afternoon. And Roy Hallday pitches in a few hours for the series victory.
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages