Jul 23, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
As someone currently hydrating for a long hot summer night at the Linc, I feel for the folks headed down to Citizens Bank Park for game two of the Phillies-Padres series. It’s gonna be a hot’n, with a game time temperature of about 100º and a heat index of like a million.
Those braving the elements will see Kyle Kendrick facing righty Mat Latos and looking for his second straight win as a starter. He beat the Mets last week with a nice one-run performance over seven innings.
After a brilliant 2010 campaign, Latos has struggled this season, with an ERA hovering just north of 4 and a WHIP that is .26 higher than his previous mark at 1.34. Latos’ road numbers are worse than those at Petco Park, where the Phils beat him way back in April. In that start, Latos was lifted in the fifth inning and was charged with three earned runs, with two Phils going yard. Latos’ three previous July starts haven’t been bad, allowing no more than three earned in any of them, but the Padres have lost each of them anyway.
Stay cool, stay hydrated…
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages