Sep 29, 2011, 6:05 PM EST
With their ace Chris Carpenter throwing brilliantly in a must-win game yesterday, the Cardinals are forced to go with Kyle Lohse as their NLDS Game One starter on Saturday. Well, they’re not exactly forced to do anything, but that’s what Tony LaRussa wants.
Edwin Jackson will start game two and Chris Carpenter will go in game three in St. Louis.
According to a St. Louis Cardinals blog, Jaime Garcia is much better at home, where LaRussa decided to keep him for game four, “Garcia is being saved for Busch Stadium, where he’s been a
markedly different pitcher. His ERA at home is 2.55, but 4.61 on
Game 1, 5:07 p.m. Saturday: Roy Halladay (19-6)
vs. Kyle Lohse (14-8)
Game 2, 8:07 p.m. Sunday: Cliff Lee (17-8) vs.
Edwin Jackson (5-2)
Game 3, time TBA: Cole Hamels (14-9) vs. Chris
***UPDATE*** Tony La Russa changed up his lineup on Friday afternoon. Instead, Carpenter will start game 2 on Sunday and Jaime Garcia will start game 3 on Tuesday.
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|kbwcpa on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages