Apr 18, 2012, 3:07 AM EDT
Not many highlights from the Phillies loss on Tuesday in San Francisco but clearly the most enjoyable half-inning of the game came when T-Mac and Wheels talked about Larry Andersen trying to steal cotton candy from a vendor only to have L.A. attempt a sugar swipe once again.
At least that was entertaining. The Phillies, not so much on Tuesday night. Joe Blanton does not reward those troopers who stay up late into the morning hours quite like Roy Halladay does. Heavy B wasn’t great but as Charlie pointed out after the game, Joe kept the Phils in it.
The sixth inning, when the Phils had the bases loaded with no outs and could only get one across the plate was the most frustrating sequence in an overall frustrating night.
Other nominees for most frustrating moment include Placido Polanco’s awful tag on a steal at third by Buster Posey which would lead to more runs being allowed. Chooch had Posey flat nailed but the tag was just bad and missed Posey’s hands entirely before they reached the bag. Polly’s 0-4 was also not enjoyable in any way.
For more on the game, check out Jim Salisbury’s full recap.
>>Phils fail to capitalize on chances in loss to Giants
Here’s Charlie on the lack of offense:
|willh888 on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Matt S. on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
|FlyersFan on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|rw on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money