Jul 16, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
Before we get to tonight’s late start in Los Angeles, three Phillies links worth your time.
1.) Todd Zolecki thinks the only way Cole Hamels signs with Philadelphia prior to the trade deadline is if Ruben Amaro Jr. blows him away. Zo doesn’t see that happening, and if it doesn’t, he believes the Phillies should trade Hamels. So basically Zo thinks Hamels will get traded baring a blow-away offer from the Phils. Sad face.
A quick aside, Hamels has been credited with 28% of the Phillies’ wins this season (11 of 39), the highest such percentage in the majors, per Elias.
2.) Charlie Manuel talks to Sirius (Siri) on his iPhone. Must read from Yahoo!’s Dave Brown.
3.) Charlie Manuel addresses the team to talk about Breaking Bad’s Season 5 premier (spoilers) in which Shane Victorino gets a machine gun. Must read from Zoo with Roy’s Alan Sepinpenguin.
Now, on to tonight’s action in which Joe Blanton (7-8, 4.98) takes on Dodger right-hander Nathan Eovaldi (1-5, 4.21).
Coming off a series win to kick off the second half, the Phillies still find themselves 11 games out of the Wild Card. Still plenty of baseball to be played, but expectations aren’t really the playoffs any longer. Just try to win some series here.
In his last outing before the break, Heavy B was roughed up against the Braves to the tune of 5 earned on 9 hits over 6.1 in a loss. He has had good control, leading the legue in BB/9.0 IP at 1.31 and SO/BB ratio at 5.94, but he continues to give up the long ball at a damaging clip.
Roy Halladay will return from the DL and is scheduled to start on Tuesday night.
Ryan Howard and Chase Utley return to the linup this evening. Howard has not been sharp since returning from an extended rehab and is hitless since the ASG and is in a current 0-13 streak.
10:10 start from the West Coast.
The full lineup:
Lineup at Dodgers.Rollins. Vic. Utley. Howard. Ruiz.Pence.Pierre.Polanco. Joe B.
— Jim Salisbury (@JSalisburyCSN) July 16, 2012
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
|Chutley on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money