Sep 20, 2011, 6:28 PM EDT
After dropping the first leg of today’s day-night double header against the Washington Nationals, the Phillies will turn to Cliff Lee this evening to hopefully secure the club’s 99th victory of the season (7:05 p.m. / CSN).
To be honest, we’ve sort of run out of superlatives to describe Phifer’s 2011 season. So, uh, we’re just going to hit you with some stats. Okay? Okay!
With all that in mind, it might surprise you to know that Cliff’s numbers against the Nationals aren’t quite as stellar. In his two starts against Washington this year, Cliff is 1-1 with a 3.77 ERA. He’s surrendered 6 earned on 10 hits in 14.1 IP.
Isn’t it nice to be able to complain about that?
Standing opposed for the Nationals, Ross Detwiler enters tonight’s game 2-5 with 3.76 ERA in 13 starts. He sports a 0-3 and 6.00 ERA in 5 career appearances versus Philadelphia.
In a brief injury update, Hunter Pence apparently offered a “thumbs-up” to reporters earlier this afternoon, indicating that he is okay after taking an awkward step on the first base bag and limping for much of his six innings played. Though he was expected to start both games of the double header earlier today, his name is now conspicuously absent from the evening lineup. No word on whether the injury is worse than originally thought or if Manuel is simply granting the right fielder some well-deserved rest.
Charlie’s 9/20 Game 2 lineup:
And for the Nats:
See you post-game.
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money