Jun 7, 2011, 5:08 PM EST
CBP — It’s a hot one tonight in South Philly as the Phillies will try to beat the Dodgers for the second straight evening. Roy Oswalt (3-3, 2.70) will take on young right-handed L.A. prospect Rubby De La Rosa (1-0, 1.80). Charlie Manuel’s scouting report on the righty, “He’s got a good fastball and he’s got a curve/changeup. He throws hard and he’s supposed to be a good prospect. That’s what I know about him.”
The other interesting note from the Dodgers lineup today is their leadoff man getting his first career start, Dee Gordon, son of former Phillie Tom Gordon. Charlie Manuel loves the super speedy 23-year old who went first-to-third last night in an amazing clip.
“I want to trade for him. I do,” Manuel said. “I want him.”
Utley Off Day Tomorrow?
Another guy Manuel wanted in his lineup for the majority of the first two months of the season, Chase Utley, will make his fifth straight start tonight at second base. But look for Chase to get one of those off-days tomorrow they talked about so much when Utley first returned. Charlie just can’t seem to put Utley on the bench.
“More than likely stay away from Chase tomorrow,” Charlie said. “There’s a good chance of that.”
J-Roll Could See DL
Don’t look for Jimmy Rollins back in the next few days, an MRI showed a deep bone bruise. “He was doing better yesterday, hopefully he was doing better today too,” Manuel said.
That was before Ruben Amaro Jr. informed us that Rollins will be reevaluated in the next 24-48 hours and could possibly land on the DL.
Oswalt Against the Dodgers
Lil Roy wasn’t thrilled to be pulled from his last start early against the Nationals, but the Phillies desperately needed some offense. He’ll look to continue his solid post-DL work against a Dodgers team he’s fared well against — 5-0, 1.49 ERA in 42.1 IP over his last 6 starts against the Dodgers.
The Phils Lineup this evening: Vic, Polly, Utley, Howard, Raul, Chooch, Dom, Wilson, Oswalt.
First pitch scheduled for 7:05 from CBP.
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Kevin V on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages