Aug 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Plenty of interesting story lines developing this weekend in Philadelphia, with perhaps one of the worst hurricanes we’ll ever see likely to hit the East Coast in the next 24 hours, but not too many of them have to do with the action on the field.
The big question now seems to be whether the Phillies will play only one game this evening or if they’ll find a way to squeeze in tomorrow’s 1:05 game as well.
As for the matchup tonight, it’ll be Roy Oswalt (6-7, 3.51) who Phillies fans will have their eyes on. Oswalt is coming off a great start in DC in which his velocity was the best it’s been all season. Will he be able to continue hitting 92-94 on the gun and striking out opposing hitters in the process?
The Phils offense will take on right-hander Clay Hensley (1-5, 5.47) who gets the start for the struggling Marlins.
As for tomorrow’s game, it looks like they’re hoping to get the 1:05 game in before Irene touches down in Philly, but I’m skeptical. Ruben Amaro Jr. told reporters before the game that he hopes to get the Phils on a plane and in the air tomorrow afternoon to head to Cincy.
Should be an interesting weekend. We’ll be here with some chatter all weekend long. If we have power and Internet, that is.
7:05 start tonight from CBP.
Tonight’s 7:05 lineup vs. FLA: Victorino CF, Polanco 3B, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Pence RF, Mayberry, Jr LF, Ruiz C, Valdez SS, Oswalt P.
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money