Aug 26, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Plenty of interesting story lines developing this weekend in Philadelphia, with perhaps one of the worst hurricanes we’ll ever see likely to hit the East Coast in the next 24 hours, but not too many of them have to do with the action on the field.
The big question now seems to be whether the Phillies will play only one game this evening or if they’ll find a way to squeeze in tomorrow’s 1:05 game as well.
As for the matchup tonight, it’ll be Roy Oswalt (6-7, 3.51) who Phillies fans will have their eyes on. Oswalt is coming off a great start in DC in which his velocity was the best it’s been all season. Will he be able to continue hitting 92-94 on the gun and striking out opposing hitters in the process?
The Phils offense will take on right-hander Clay Hensley (1-5, 5.47) who gets the start for the struggling Marlins.
As for tomorrow’s game, it looks like they’re hoping to get the 1:05 game in before Irene touches down in Philly, but I’m skeptical. Ruben Amaro Jr. told reporters before the game that he hopes to get the Phils on a plane and in the air tomorrow afternoon to head to Cincy.
Should be an interesting weekend. We’ll be here with some chatter all weekend long. If we have power and Internet, that is.
7:05 start tonight from CBP.
Tonight’s 7:05 lineup vs. FLA: Victorino CF, Polanco 3B, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Pence RF, Mayberry, Jr LF, Ruiz C, Valdez SS, Oswalt P.
|yishmeister on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages