Dec 4, 2011, 11:16 PM EDT
The Miami Marlins made one of the biggest splashes of the offseason by reportedly landing former Mets All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes in a 6-year, $106 million deal late Sunday evening.
The move obviously has very interesting implications in Philadelphia. Reyes’ ability to secure a 6-year deal at such a lucrative annual salary will surely have Dan Lozano, Jimmy Rollins’ agent, smiling. Then there’s Reyes pairing up with Hanley Ramirez for years to come on a team rising in the NL East. And, of course, Reyes leaving big shoes to fill in New York.
There’s even rumblings about the Marlins still going hard after Albert Pujols.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return