Dec 4, 2011, 11:16 PM EST
The Miami Marlins made one of the biggest splashes of the offseason by reportedly landing former Mets All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes in a 6-year, $106 million deal late Sunday evening.
The move obviously has very interesting implications in Philadelphia. Reyes’ ability to secure a 6-year deal at such a lucrative annual salary will surely have Dan Lozano, Jimmy Rollins’ agent, smiling. Then there’s Reyes pairing up with Hanley Ramirez for years to come on a team rising in the NL East. And, of course, Reyes leaving big shoes to fill in New York.
There’s even rumblings about the Marlins still going hard after Albert Pujols.
|Chris on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages