Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
The Miami Marlins suffered what could be a huge blow last night when their franchise player, Giancarlo Stanton, went down with a hamstring injury while trying to leg out an infield hit in an extra innings game against the New York Mets.
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton limped out of
the game in the 10th inning with a strained right hamstring. He hit a
tapper in front of the plate and clutched his leg just before crossing
first base, then fell face-first to the turf.
The extent of the injury is still unknown but it didn’t look good. He’ll hit the DL and will miss this coming weekend’s series against the Phillies in Philadelphia.
“Down goes Stanton.”
You never like to see such a talented player go down with an injury, but that doesn’t mask the fact that the Phillies will catch quite a break for their four game set that kicks off on Thursday with the Fish.
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages