Apr 30, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
The Miami Marlins suffered what could be a huge blow last night when their franchise player, Giancarlo Stanton, went down with a hamstring injury while trying to leg out an infield hit in an extra innings game against the New York Mets.
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton limped out of
the game in the 10th inning with a strained right hamstring. He hit a
tapper in front of the plate and clutched his leg just before crossing
first base, then fell face-first to the turf.
The extent of the injury is still unknown but it didn’t look good. He’ll hit the DL and will miss this coming weekend’s series against the Phillies in Philadelphia.
“Down goes Stanton.”
You never like to see such a talented player go down with an injury, but that doesn’t mask the fact that the Phillies will catch quite a break for their four game set that kicks off on Thursday with the Fish.
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return