Jun 14, 2011, 10:57 AM EST
Logan Morrison endeared himself to Phillies fans way more than almost any other player from an opposing team who had never played for Philadelphia. He did this mostly by being a chatter box on Twitter, interacting with fans from all teams whether or not they praised his play or ridiculed it. The relationship LoMo has with Phillies fans is rather unique, and a number of newspapers have even done stories about it, including the unique one with Mark Marinelli.
But Morrison’s chatterbox nature has now landed him in a bit of trouble with his team, with president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest telling LoMo to quiet down after he criticized the team’s firing of hitting coach John Mallee.
Will this slap on the wrist turn LoMo’s Twitter account dark? I’d highly doubt it, but I’d guess it makes him think just a second longer before posting about anything team related.
It’s hard to argue against the team asking a player to keep things that are team related to a minimal in public, but as a fan of the way LoMo interacts with people on Twitter, I hope he keeps his jovial nature online intact. It’d be great if the Phillies had a player with nearly as much (if any) fan interaction online. Jimmy Rollins has a Twitter but seemingly only uses it for official type updates and random one-off comments about something that’s currently on his mind, like the Flyers now defunct playoff run.
Morrison and the struggling Marlins kick of a series against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park tonight.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages