Jul 2, 2012, 3:58 PM EST
According to CoolStandings.com’s MLB Playoff Odds, the Phillies currently have a 3.2% chance of making the postseason.
This shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone who has watched Philadelphia’s baseball team over the past few weeks, but still, the 3.2% number is quite sad.
We only point this out because it’s mentioned in the latest “Other teams’ execs say Phillies could be sellers soon” column by CBS Sports’ Danny Knobler.
Ruben can say whatever he wants. Would he prefer to re-sign Cole Hamels to an extension? Absolutely. Does it mean they will? Absolutely not.
Rival execs can say whatever they want. We all know this ship isn’t headed in the right direction and if a blow-Ruben-away deal came along in the next month he’d likely jump on it.
The season isn’t over by any stretch. But the probability of October baseball is not good. Not good at all. (Although Knobler also points out that recent playoff teams such as last year’s World Champs have had lower probabilities and recovered for an October run)
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages