May 8, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
Mets fans are worried about their bullpen. It was awful in 2011 and it’s been atrocious in 2012. The folks over at Amazin’ Avenue take an in-depth look at New York’s current bullpen situation and basically conclude that they’ve got a bunch of known commodities in the bullpen — known to be mediocre at best.
Here’s one potential angle I don’t think they addressed: perhaps they just haven’t played the Phillies enough this year to bring their bullpen numbers down?
The Phillies have scored 3 earned runs against the Mets bullpen over 10.1 innings this year, good for a 2.67 ERA. The Mets’ pen ERA overall is 4.57.
And if you want to feel even worse about all of this, the Phillies have the worst bullpen ERA in all of baseball at 4.86.
Savery 4.70… Herndon 4.70… Stutes 6.35… Schwimer 6.35… Contreras 9.53… Sanches 12.00
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money