Jun 10, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
It seems a lot of fans could not even muster a proper sense of outrage after the Phillies took their latest tumble in Milwaukee over the weekend, which probably says all it needs to about where expectations are at. So with that in mind, we thought we’d try a little reverse psychology: it’s not so bad.
Sure, the Phils spoiled whatever small amount of good will they may have gained by climbing above .500 for the first time this season last Thursday by promptly dropping two games below the mark. Yes, they slid back into third place behind the banged-up Nationals and lost more ground to the imposing Braves, falling 8.5 games back in the NL East, their largest deficit of the season.
But cheer up, Philly fans. After a 9-1 loss to the Brewers on Sunday, Michael Young told reporters everything will be all right.
“The sky is not falling,” third baseman Michael Young said. “We had a little rough stretch here. We definitely didn’t play our best baseball, without a doubt. We have to make a quick adjustment here on this road trip.”
Milwaukee was supposed to provide the Phillies a golden opportunity to get above .500 and stay there. Instead, they dropped five of seven to the irrelevant Brew Crew over a 10-day span. Most people are beyond believing tinkering can fix that.
Hey, maybe the Brewers just had their number this year. It happens. There’s still plenty more mediocre competition for the Fightins to run through in the month of June with not a single opponent currently in possession of a winning record. Of course, it’s a distinction that continues to include the Phillies, so…
Adjust away. There’s a lot of time left before the trade deadline.
Is there anybody else out there who doesn’t think it’s too late? Are you feeling any emotions toward this team at all?
|Chris on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|wheeeeeeee.com on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Hiccup on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages