Jul 31, 2011, 10:04 AM EST
While we assume the Phillies’ most notable trade deadline strike has already come, as it has in previous years, on Ruben Amaro Jr Day, July 29th, the official trade deadline is today, and there could still be a new pinstriper or two by the time the clock ticks 4 PM.
There will also be a few moves by the teams trying to keep pace with the Phillies, as we’ve already seen this morning when the Atlanta Braves pried former Phil Michael Bourn away from the perpetually selling Houston Astros. The Braves getting a new leadoff man and centerfielder isn’t going to instantly close the gap in the East, but it’s not going to make my coffee any less acidic either. Bourn adds a .300 hitter (this season anyway) and a ton of steals to the top of the Braves order.
Feel free to shout out any moves you’re seeing and your final Phillies wishlist items here.
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages