Aug 2, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Prior to the Phillies beating the Nationals two days in a row this week, their skipper got quite a bit of enjoyment out of the Phillies trading away their two best outfielders in Shane Victorino and Hunter Pence on Tuesday. Nats Manager Davey Johnson even admitted as much on their pregame radio show on Tuesday, via DC Sports Bog:
“I have no sympathy for ‘em,” Johnson said. “Shoot, I’m still missing
three key players — I’m missing Willy Ramos, Ian Desmond and Jayson
Werth. They’re not in my lineup. So they’ve fallen on some hard times
over there, and they had a little fire sale today, which was fun for me
Washington Post writer Dan Steinberg adds his own thoughts immediately following Johnson’s quote. “Fun!,” Steinz exclaims. And I agree.
Just more fuel to the budding rivalry. Sure, the Nats are in first place, but they still have no hardware down in DC.
Here’s to enjoying watching the Nationals choke in 2012.
And getting swept this evening by the fire-sale Phillies.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money