Aug 2, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
Prior to the Phillies beating the Nationals two days in a row this week, their skipper got quite a bit of enjoyment out of the Phillies trading away their two best outfielders in Shane Victorino and Hunter Pence on Tuesday. Nats Manager Davey Johnson even admitted as much on their pregame radio show on Tuesday, via DC Sports Bog:
“I have no sympathy for ‘em,” Johnson said. “Shoot, I’m still missing
three key players — I’m missing Willy Ramos, Ian Desmond and Jayson
Werth. They’re not in my lineup. So they’ve fallen on some hard times
over there, and they had a little fire sale today, which was fun for me
Washington Post writer Dan Steinberg adds his own thoughts immediately following Johnson’s quote. “Fun!,” Steinz exclaims. And I agree.
Just more fuel to the budding rivalry. Sure, the Nats are in first place, but they still have no hardware down in DC.
Here’s to enjoying watching the Nationals choke in 2012.
And getting swept this evening by the fire-sale Phillies.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return