Feb 3, 2012, 10:43 AM EST
The Washington Nationals are sick* of Phillies fans taking over their ballpark and turning it into Citizens Bank Park South for three game series at a time. So they’re trying to do something about it. How do they plan to try and keep Phillies fans away? By selling tickets to the Phillies series for an entire month only to people with a credit card tied to a Maryland, DC, or Virginia address.
This may sound wise in theory, but to me it’s just a boon for Stubhub. Some enterprising DC resident will purchase a bunch of tickets, put them up on Stubhub and resell them to Phillies fans for a profit.
And that doesn’t even take into account the thousands of displaced Phillies fans who happen to live in and around our nation’s capital.
Can’t keep us down.
It is a cute gesture by the Nationals organization though. Makes it look like they’re trying.
>>Nationals launch ‘Take Back the Park’ campaign [DC Sports Bog]
*or they’re just pretend acting like they’re sick of selling lots of tickets that happen to be going to fans of the opposition
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|BenE. on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages