Jan 9, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
No athletes were voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York this year. Not Curt Schilling, who Jim Salisbury made a very good case for yesterday. And not even Jose Mesa, who you may or may not have known was on the ballot this year.
We took a look at Schill’s candidacy a few weeks back as well, if you want to give that a gander.
The table is not set for a Jose Mesa resurgence in years to come. He received zero votes.
Thoughts on NOBODY getting elected for the first time since 1996? I’m not one to get all righteous about HOF voting, but this seems dumb to me.
What do you think of the voting? Any voters particularly irk you? Do you even care? We can’t blame you if you don’t.
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages