Apr 7, 2011, 4:53 PM EDT
Philadelphia flopped a set of Aces over the
weekend and followed that up by what looked like a Suicide King (Cole)
on the turn last night. Joe Blanton will take the mound this evening to
finally give us an idea of what the entire Phillies hand will look like,
at least the first time through the rotation.
The Mets will send out their ace, Mike Pelfrey (0-1, 10.38), for his
second start of the season. Pelfrey had a rough go of it in his opening
day start against the Marlins, giving up 5 earned off only 4 hits in 4.1
innings of work.
Word out of CBP has Carlos Ruiz getting his first game off of the
season with Brian Schneider handling the catching duties for Joe
Blanton. Pete Orr will aslo get his first start of the season, manning
second base instead of Wilson Valdez.
7:05 start time from CBP. Gotta get tonight so they can win the series.
Joe Blanton’s Sports Illustrated cover mock up via a penguin.
|FlyersFan on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
|Jay D on Wayne Simmonds on Hartsy and V…|
|EDGE on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Kevin on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money