Jun 10, 2012, 7:13 PM EST
There were not a plethora of new story lines today after the Phillies lost 5-4 to the Orioles in 10 innings. Cliff Lee remains winless. The defense behind him was a sorry sight to behold. The bullpen springs one leak after possibly plugging another. The batters the injury bug has spared — for now — left a staggering number of runners on base.
As a team, they were unable to hold a lead, keep the score tied, or pull ahead late with a clutch hit. They lost another close game. They lost another game, period.
That basically covers it. That, and the Phillies are now four games below .500. They are eight games back of Washington in the NL East. They have lost eight of their last nine, and three straight series.
This is no fun — but there are still 100 games left to go.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages