Jun 16, 2012, 8:40 AM EST
Any momentum gained in taking two of three from a weak AL opponent hit the rocks last night as the Philllies lost the series opener in Toronto, 3-0. Worse than the L, which has plenty of company this season and more on the way, is the loss of Carlos Ruiz for at least a little while.
The Phils’ top bat in 2012 joins the list of sidelined players with a strained oblique suffered on a swing in the sixth inning. Jim Salisbury reports that Chooch wasn’t available to talk after the game, and there won’t be an update on his status until at least after an evaluation today. A DL stint is possible, and Erik Kratz has been called up. (Full story from Sully here)
If Ruiz hits the DL, he’ll take a .362/.424/.578/1.002 line with him, not to mention his stoic stability behind the plate. Hopefully today’s evaluation will show a day-to-day variety strain and that won’t be necessary. Either way, not exactly the kind of news we anticipated starting a gorgeous Philly weekend with, but considering how this season in Phils injuries has gone, we probably should have penciled this in.
Life goes… on?
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Earl on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|KulpHaterNo1 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages