Jul 31, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
That appears to be it… for now at least.
Shane Victorino and Hunter Pence were sent off to the west coast while Cliff Lee, Joe Blanton, Ty Wigginton, and Juan Pierre are still wearing Phillies uniforms this evening. That doesn’t mean all of them are here for the next two-plus months, however, as they could still be dealt in August if they clear waivers.
Now, back to watching baseball games.
Dom Brown was called up today to supposedly be an everyday starter in the outfield now for your Fightin’ Phils, but a plane delayed him from getting to DC early enough for a start, we hear.
That means your Phillies starting outfield this evening will include Juan Pierre, John Mayberry Jr., and Laynce Nix. Toss in Kevin Frandsen at third and you’ve got maximum excitement.
Cliff Lee (1-6, 3.95) is still in search of his second win of the season and will have a tough go of it against the first-place Nationals and Stephen Strasburg (11-4, 2.76).
I guess we should still be pulling for a Phillies victory, right? Cause boo to you, Natitude.
I’m not really sure what else to say at this point. I’m still going to watch — and hope for solid play, obviously. Where do we go from here? What are you thinking/feeling at the moment? Is the rest of the season of watching Dom Brown a look into the crystal ball of what 2013 may be like?
7:05 from DC.
Miss you guys, too.
Thank you Philadelphia for all your support and passion.Excited to see what awaits me in San Francisco!
— Hunter Pence (@HunterPence3) July 31, 2012
Mahalo to the
@phillies and the AMAZING fans in Philly for a great run. A lot of unforgettable memories in this city. I’ll miss you guys!
— Shane Victorino (@ShaneVictorino) July 31, 2012
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money