Jul 31, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
That appears to be it… for now at least.
Shane Victorino and Hunter Pence were sent off to the west coast while Cliff Lee, Joe Blanton, Ty Wigginton, and Juan Pierre are still wearing Phillies uniforms this evening. That doesn’t mean all of them are here for the next two-plus months, however, as they could still be dealt in August if they clear waivers.
Now, back to watching baseball games.
Dom Brown was called up today to supposedly be an everyday starter in the outfield now for your Fightin’ Phils, but a plane delayed him from getting to DC early enough for a start, we hear.
That means your Phillies starting outfield this evening will include Juan Pierre, John Mayberry Jr., and Laynce Nix. Toss in Kevin Frandsen at third and you’ve got maximum excitement.
Cliff Lee (1-6, 3.95) is still in search of his second win of the season and will have a tough go of it against the first-place Nationals and Stephen Strasburg (11-4, 2.76).
I guess we should still be pulling for a Phillies victory, right? Cause boo to you, Natitude.
I’m not really sure what else to say at this point. I’m still going to watch — and hope for solid play, obviously. Where do we go from here? What are you thinking/feeling at the moment? Is the rest of the season of watching Dom Brown a look into the crystal ball of what 2013 may be like?
7:05 from DC.
Miss you guys, too.
Thank you Philadelphia for all your support and passion.Excited to see what awaits me in San Francisco!
— Hunter Pence (@HunterPence3) July 31, 2012
Mahalo to the
@phillies and the AMAZING fans in Philly for a great run. A lot of unforgettable memories in this city. I’ll miss you guys!
— Shane Victorino (@ShaneVictorino) July 31, 2012
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages