Apr 16, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Do you worry about Ryan Howard every time you watch him run?
Apparently there’s a coach in the National League who does.
It’s mostly about Pujols — who hasn’t looked like the same guy since leaving St. Louis and is battling knee and foot issues — but there’s a curious note at the bottom about Howard, too:
Well, I don’t know about that. He’s never exactly been fleet of foot but he certainly looks more mobile than last season. Right?
Howard is, of course, in Year 2 of his five-year $125 million contract extension, an extension that won’t look so “market-friendly” if the Big Piece collapses on his way to first again.
Through 13 games, he’s batting .255 with a .291 OBP, .392 SLG, five RBI and one dinger.
Cue outrage about “unnamed sources” and how those individuals should “put their names on things” or whatever people say nowadays.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money