Apr 16, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Do you worry about Ryan Howard every time you watch him run?
Apparently there’s a coach in the National League who does.
It’s mostly about Pujols — who hasn’t looked like the same guy since leaving St. Louis and is battling knee and foot issues — but there’s a curious note at the bottom about Howard, too:
Well, I don’t know about that. He’s never exactly been fleet of foot but he certainly looks more mobile than last season. Right?
Howard is, of course, in Year 2 of his five-year $125 million contract extension, an extension that won’t look so “market-friendly” if the Big Piece collapses on his way to first again.
Through 13 games, he’s batting .255 with a .291 OBP, .392 SLG, five RBI and one dinger.
Cue outrage about “unnamed sources” and how those individuals should “put their names on things” or whatever people say nowadays.
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|somekat on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages