Mar 29, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
The Phillies season is scheduled to get under
way on Friday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park against the Houston
Astros. But as April 1st games in the northeast tend to go, the weather
looks far from optimal for opening day of baseball. Granted, those who
predict weather forecasts are about as consistent as Brad Lidge’s
health, but Friday’s outlook calls for a 70% chance of precipitation with a balmy high of 41 degrees. Ugh. Don’t forget your earflap hats.
So it looks like the 2011 Phillies regular season campaign will start
the same way this spring went for the club: far from ideal.
As for Tuesday and Wednesday’s South Philly tune ups? Similar
temperature outlooks for both days, but Tuesday’s game is a 7:05 start
with Wednesday’s a matinee, so you’ll likely be even colder if you’re
going to check out the On Deck Series.
But, much like this spring in Florida, Roy Halladay will be there on
Friday to bring his strike-zone pounding ray of sunshine to the 45,000+
there to take part in the rite of spring.
Roy is ready. You can see it in his eyes.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages