Sep 7, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
A rare instance in this evening’s game when the Phillies starter actually has a higher ERA than the opposing team’s starter. Roy Oswalt (7-8, 3.80) takes on right-hander Brandon Beach (7-2, 3.37) in the third and final game of the series.
From the Notes: With a win tonight, the Phillies would become the first team to sweep Atlanta in a series of at least three games all season. In addition, that would leave Philly as the only MLB club this year yet to be swept in a series of three-or-more games. So far this season, the Phils have completed eight sweeps in 19 chances. The last time the Braves were swept in a three-game set was last September at, you guessed it, Citizens Bank Park.
Tonight’s Lineup: Victorino, Polanco, Utley, Howard, Pence, Ibanez, Ruiz, Martinez, and Oswalt.
7:05 start time. Could be some inclement weather once again.
|will on Drexel beats Villanova in huuu…|
|hatshop on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
|Hiccup on Erik Kratz traded for Brad Lin…|
|drew on CAKE CAKE CAKE: What taste bet…|
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Dad Teaches Son Important Lesson by Letting Him Crash Bike Into Tree
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages