May 16, 2011, 4:22 PM EST
Roy Oswalt has been removed from the DL and is expected to make his scheduled start on Tuesday evening in St. Louis. Oswalt last pitched in the locally televised rehab stint with Single-A Clearwater which featured fellow Phils Chase Utley and Carlos Ruiz. In that start, Oswalt’s fastball lacked life and was clearly lacking in velocity. He did not talk to reporters after the start so it’s unclear if he just needed more time to work his arm back from the extended layoff while he dealt with personal issues in Tornado-ravaged Mississippi.
To make room for Oswalt, the Phillies have optioned Vance Worley to Triple-A. Worley pitched very well in his fill-in starts as well as his usage out of the pen. This move indicates that they want to keep Worley working as a starter in case they need him were another starter to miss any time. Getting starters work in Triple-A will be more beneficial to Worley than wasting away in the big league bullpen.
|TheDude on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ThatGuy on The ‘Group of Death…|
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages