Aug 20, 2011, 6:11 PM EST
WASHINGTON — It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon down here in DC with the Phillies looking to bounce back against the Nationals after that brutal loss on Friday. Some minor notes to pass along, but clearly the most exciting thing from today’s pregame was the delicious smell of bacon wafting throughout the Phils clubhouse. No wonder Hunter Pence always wants to go eat.
Roy Oswalt (5-7, 3.84) will finally take the hill this evening after being removed from the lineup last night before ever taking the mound after the lengthy rain delay. Charlie says there’s no concern with Oswalt tonight after he threw about 40 warm up pitches or so last night. They just wanted to be careful with Roy due to his back history.
Charlie Manuel is giving John Mayberry Jr., who tripled last night and has been swinging a hot bat, the start against left-hander John Lannan (8-8, 3.55). Manuel insists that it is not a platoon situation, even if it looks exactly like a platoon situation.
“I wanted to get John in the game,” Manuel said. “But at the same time we got a day game tomorrow, I figured Raul would definitely be in there on the righty. Figured we’d just give him a blow tonight. The last couple of days we’ve been at the ballpark a long time. Mayberry’s been playing good.”
Shane Victorino also returns to the lineup after serving his two game suspension.
Hamels Aiming to Start Friday
Cole Hamels threw a “light” side session today and said the plan is to get him back into the rotation on Friday.
Tonight’s Lineup: Rollins, Victorino, Utley, Howard, Pence, Mayberry, Ruiz, Valdez, and Oswalt.
7:05 start time from DC where they have a sold out Nationals Park. It’s Ian Desmond bobble head night!
|Trisha T on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|sw on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Tyler on Vinny Lecavalier to miss at le…|
|willh888 on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages