Aug 20, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
WASHINGTON — It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon down here in DC with the Phillies looking to bounce back against the Nationals after that brutal loss on Friday. Some minor notes to pass along, but clearly the most exciting thing from today’s pregame was the delicious smell of bacon wafting throughout the Phils clubhouse. No wonder Hunter Pence always wants to go eat.
Roy Oswalt (5-7, 3.84) will finally take the hill this evening after being removed from the lineup last night before ever taking the mound after the lengthy rain delay. Charlie says there’s no concern with Oswalt tonight after he threw about 40 warm up pitches or so last night. They just wanted to be careful with Roy due to his back history.
Charlie Manuel is giving John Mayberry Jr., who tripled last night and has been swinging a hot bat, the start against left-hander John Lannan (8-8, 3.55). Manuel insists that it is not a platoon situation, even if it looks exactly like a platoon situation.
“I wanted to get John in the game,” Manuel said. “But at the same time we got a day game tomorrow, I figured Raul would definitely be in there on the righty. Figured we’d just give him a blow tonight. The last couple of days we’ve been at the ballpark a long time. Mayberry’s been playing good.”
Shane Victorino also returns to the lineup after serving his two game suspension.
Hamels Aiming to Start Friday
Cole Hamels threw a “light” side session today and said the plan is to get him back into the rotation on Friday.
Tonight’s Lineup: Rollins, Victorino, Utley, Howard, Pence, Mayberry, Ruiz, Valdez, and Oswalt.
7:05 start time from DC where they have a sold out Nationals Park. It’s Ian Desmond bobble head night!
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return