Apr 15, 2011, 9:53 PM EST
Although an established and talented pitcher, Roy Oswalt probably feels a little like a comedian about to take the stage after Chris Rock and Ricky Gervais did their acts. Little Roy gets the start tonight at Citizens Bank Park against the Florida Marlins and will attempt to follow up a pair of complete games from Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee down in DC on Wednesday and Thursday.
After Oswalt’s first start of the season, Roy talked a bit about what it’s like to follow those pitchers’ impressive performances, “First two guys come out and throw unbelievable. You don’t want to be the odd man out.”
So expect Roy to go nine innings tonight, right?
“If Roy can go nine, Roy will go nine,” Charlie Manuel said prior to this evenings game, noting that getting the win always trumps whether a guy finishes a game, but also added that any of his five starters can go the distance on any given night.
Oswalt (2-0, 2.25) will take on the Marlins righthander Javier Vasquez in the first meeting of the season between the two teams this evening.
Two big changes to the Phils lineup this evening as Ross Gload will start in rightfield in place of Ben Francisco and will bat sixth behind Raul Ibanez. Gload has great career numbers against Vazquez with a .457 BA, 1.215 OPS over 35 at bats. Pete Orr will also start at second and bat eighth behind Carlos Ruiz.
A very nice yet chilly night at the ball park in South Philly. Almost feels a little weird to only have the Phillies in action with the Sixers and Flyers having the night off. But hey! The Soul are in town.
The Phillies will honor Jackie Robinson this evening as every player will wear No. 42 as their jersey number for the game against Florida.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|LightMan on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
|You're Clueless on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages