Aug 15, 2011, 12:18 PM EST
The Phillies game on Sunday was washed out by the rain, leaving reporters with no on-field action to write about. But fear not, because Hunter Pence was around in the clubhouse and was more than agreeable to once again discuss his perfect match with the city of Philadelphia.
Our colleague John Finger delved into Hunter’s words, looking for insights into what makes Pence tick. It’s a nice look at the Phillies newest outfielder/crush-object and why there’s such a mutual admiration between him and the city of Philadelphia.
Also, Pence’s family went out and drove his car to Philly for him, found him a pretty sweet crib, and furnished it all while the team was on their most recent 10-game road swing which they finished with 9-1 record. Similar to his spot in right field at CBP, the views from his new pad are pretty awesome.
furnished,” he said. “It’s like the coolest place I’ve ever been—I’m
overlooking Philadelphia with all the windows everywhere. I’m by the
water. I see a bridge, I can see the buildings… It’s beautiful and I
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages