Jul 15, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
What an awful last four days, am I right? Sure we got to see Roy Halladay flat-out dominate for two innings, but it wasn’t for the Phillies. Our boys are back in action tonight in New York. No need to watch any more Discovery Channel marathons at night any longer.
As mentioned earlier, the Phils will be without Placido Polanco, but the Mets will also be without a couple of star infielders of their own. Both Jose Reyes and David Wright will not play in the series, which should be welcomed news to the Phils pitchers.
Speaking of the Phils pitching, they’ve set up their rotation so that neither Big Roy or Cliff Lee will start this weekend in New York. Instead, it’ll be Worley, Hamels, and Kendrick.
For a guy heading to Chicago to see all three games at Wrigley, I can’t say I’m real upset about that I’ll have to watch Halladay and Lee go to work against the Cubs.
Here’s Jim Salisbury with more on the Mets series this weekend at Citi:
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money