May 9, 2013, 6:29 PM EST
The Phillies couldn’t deliver the rare San Francisco sweep yesterday but they certainly put up a fight trying. Still, a series victory at AT&T Park is something this team can build some confidence off of and try and carry a little bit of momentum into the desert in Arizona.
The Diamondbacks (19-15) are right in the heart of the NL West race, a game back of the Giants and .5 game behind the Rockies entering this evening’s contest. Tonight’s D-Backs starter has been a big part of that.
Second-year lefty Patrick Corbin (4-0, 1.80) apparently just made the rotation as Arizona’s fifth starter out of spring training, but as MLB.com writes, he’s been quite impressive and is even going for a team record this evening. Evan Peaslee writes:
In six starts this year, Corbin has worked six innings or more and allowed two runs or fewer, tying Dan Haren for the longest such streak in franchise history to begin a season.
His last time out, the 23-year-old sophomore gave up only one run in seven innings, allowing five hits and three walks while striking out seven against the Padres.
Their lineup has a few familiar faces as well. Corey Seidman has more on Martin Prado and Cody Ross being Phillies killers. More on their slugger Paul Goldschmidt and his hot bat (7 for 13 with four homers and nine RBIs in his last three games) over there as well.
The Phils will turn to Cole Hamels who has been his usual self after a rocky first couple of starts. He’s been cursed by that no-support Phils lineup though and has only managed one ‘W’.
It’s a 9:40 start from from Chase Field. That’s a little better than the 10:15 start times out in San Fran.
|Tyler on Vinny Lecavalier to miss at le…|
|willh888 on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|BenE. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Franchise on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages