Oct 2, 2012, 5:56 PM EST
If you work a normal 9-to-5, that means tonight is likely your final chance to see the Phillies in action in 2012. Not saying you should be excited, just saying you might not want to take that opportunity for granted.
The Fightins do have one more date with the Nationals scheduled for Wednesday, but the game is at 1:05.
Unfortunately, if you are trying to take advantage of one last viewing experience, you’ll probably be disappointed by what the Phils are putting on the field. Ryan Howard is done, no Jimmy Rollins for the second night in a row, and Carlos Ruiz gets the night off as well.
And on the mound, it’s Johnny Wholestaff. Wholestaff is 22-26 with a 3.89 ERA this year. Okay, technically B.J. Rosenberg (1-2, 6.86) gets the start, bur really it will be hodgepodge of relievers attempting to get the staff through to Cliff Lee tomorrow.
As the Nats ready to set their rotation for postseason play, it appears they’ve opted to go a similar route by handing the ball to Tom Gorzelanny (4-2, 2.90), who is making his first start of the season.
So, yeah, it’s not good baseball, but it is still Phillies baseball on TV — a sight you’ll be longing for soon enough.
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages