Sep 3, 2013, 4:15 PM EST
Now you have an excuse to stay on the couch the next time your spouse/parent/employer asks you to get up and take care of business. Remaining comfortably reclined, preferably with a blanket and the television remote, is in the best interest of your personal health.
They won’t believe you at first, but calmly explain the inherent dangers that come with such strenuous motions. You might break a rib!
Apparently that’s what happened to Phillies single-A third-base prospect Mitch Walding on Sunday. Per Jay Floyd of the blog Phillies Nation (hat tip Deadspin), Walding was having a nice sit in the clubhouse when some jerk manager presumably told him to go field some ground balls or something, and next thing you know, there goes a rib.
Of course, Walding did have a pre-existing condition in a stress fracture in that rib. But unless you’ve been to the doctor recently, you don’t know what’s going on in there. Best to just play it safe. Stay down.
This is just the kind of year it’s been for the Phillies. The injury bug stung the big-league roster hard, claiming the likes of Ryan Howard, Ben Revere, and Mike Adams for the season, along with Roy Halladay, Chase Utley, and Carlos Ruiz for stretches. However, the bug hasn’t necessarily spared the farm system, either.
|2sentz on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages