May 2, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
A western swing that began with a promising 4-0 start came to a 5-2 end, with a pair of Phillies arms landing on the DL and the Phillies briefly sliding to second place in the East before edging ahead of the Marlins again. The road trip is over, with the Phils back in town to host the last place Mets this weekend. High five.
Vance Worley will get the start in place of the injured Joe Blanton, countering New York’s Mike Pelfrey.
Big Pelf (1-2) is coming off his only appearance in which the Mets ultimately won. He let up just one run against Arizona after allowing 18 in his previous four starts. Apparently he’s been sick all week too, even losing some weight. So ya know, everyone take it easy on him down at the park tonight and be sure to share your get-well wishes if you’re within shouting distance.
Vance Refrigeration makes his first start of the season for the Phils. He’s looked very good with the Iron Pigs so far, with 25 Ks versus 6 walks in 22.2 innings. In 13 innings with the big club last season, Worley struck out 12, while allowing 8 hits and 4 walks. It sucks to lose Blanton right after he turned in a pair of 2-ER outings and looked to be getting on track, but it’s not a bad time of year to get a look at Worley against some Major League bats.
Chooch is out tonight with the back issue that struck him from the lineup in Arizona, but the Internet’s Ryan Lawrence doesn’t seem to think he’ll be out long. Brian Schneider will catch Worley.
Enjoy your Friday night, and have a great weekend. Wouldn’t hurt if the Phils were to help out with that with a stomping of the Mets…
|Davey u on Are the 2013 Philadelphia Eagl…|
|Marvin Monroe on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|t800m101 on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|t800m101 on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages