Aug 2, 2011, 6:14 PM EST
The Phillies will look to win yet another series this evening as Kyle Kendrick (5-5, 3.52) will take on Colorado Rockies right-hander Aaron Cook (2-5, 5.05). Cook has not fared well against the Phillies throughout his career, having gone 1-6 with a 6.05 ERA in 11 career starts. He hasn’t beaten them since way back on April 27th of 2006 in Philly.
Kendrick wasn’t bad in his last start, a loss to the Giants when he went up against Tim Lincecum, but KK did allow an early solo shot to Pablo Sandoval and was later hurt by a Michael Martinez error in the seventh that really ended his day.
Tonight could be the last we see of Kendrick as a starter for a while, with Roy Oswalt feeling good and looking to return to the rotation perhaps as early as this weekend in San Francisco. It’s pretty clear that Vance Worley’s performance has secured his role as the fifth guy if Oswalt is back in the fold.
Fun Fact From the Game Notes: In their last 19 games at Coors Field, the Phillies have gone 13-6 and scored 6.32 runs per game over that span.
Tonight’s Lineup: Jimmy Rollins, Shane “MVP” Victorino, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Hunter Pence, Raul Ibanez, Placido Polanco, Brian Schneider, and Kyle Kendrick.
Another 8:40 start from Denver this evening. Let’s try not to go to extras, boys, okay?
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|Matt S. on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages