Sep 9, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
With the NL division races largely wrapped up and the Braves nearly a lock for the Wild Card, the last month of the Major League Baseball season is looking, well, rather boring.
That is, of course, unless you’re a Phillies fan who gets to watch Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee do their best to one up each other for the Cy Young Award over the next three weeks.
Tonight, it’s Doc’s turn.
Halladay enters this evening’s match up with a 16-5 record, 2.49 ERA and 1.06 WHIP. His last start came in the form of that awful-5-4-Florida-Marlin-Joe-West-replay-debacle, a game in which Halladay was uncharacteristically pulled after just six innings and ultimately granted a no decision. That said, just one appearance prior, Doc stymied the Cincinnati Reds, allowing just 2 hits and 0 runs in 7 innings of work during an away start at the Great American Ballpark.
Standing opposed for the Brewers is 29-year-old, right hander Shaun Marcum. Marcum (12-5, 3.11, 1.09) has been quite impressive in last five starts, surrendering just six runs over the month-long stretch. In his last start, a 4-0 shut out of the Houston Astros, Marcum gave up just 1 hit in his 7 innings pitched.
On the injury front for the Phillies, GM Ruben Amaro stated earlier today that second baseman Chase Utley is more than likely out for the remainder of the series with a mild concussion. Utley was hit on the helmet during an at-bat Wednesday night and has been out of the lineup since.
Fortunately, the GM sees no reason for long term worry, “It’s very mild, we think it’s very slight, but it’s a concussion nonetheless,” Amaro said. “Chase is already feeling better. He’s getting some rest. We’ll know more Saturday.”
In better news, shortstop Jimmy Rollins has been activated from the disabled list, and Ryan Howard is back in action at first base following yesterday’s “maintenance day.”
Charlie’s lineup for tonight:
See you post-game.
|Edward Mcglone on What Exactly Did Chip Kelly Do…|
|sfsu on The Evster’s Guide to Ha…|
|sfsu on Video: What does the Phanatic…|
|Templeton Pecker on Video: What does the Phanatic…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages