Apr 4, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
Opening Day in Philadelphia is supposed to be festive and joyous. Coming back to Citizens Bank Park tomorrow will be much more enjoyable for the 45,000 or so fans in attendance if the team get find a way to win tonight with Cliff Lee on the mound. Starting with a three game sweep, however, not fun.
Looking for a reason to avoid the panic? From the game notes:
The Phillies have lost the first two games of the season for the fifth time in the last eight years (2006-13) … In each of their previous four 0-2 starts, the Phillies finished the season with a winning percentage over .500 (.525 in 2006, .549 in 2007, .568 in 2008, .574 in 2009) … In three of the last four 0-2 starts (2007-09), the Phillies made the postseason … And in each of the last two seasons in which the Phillies started 0-2 (2008 & 2009), they went to the World Series.
They’ll have their hands full with Braves right-hander Kris Medlan. Laynce Nix is the only change in the Phillies lineup this evening, replacing the vertically-challenged John Mayberry Jr. in right.
7:10 start from Turner Field, where Charlie Manuel joked he’d jump off if the Phils get swept. Please bring one win home.
|kammergame on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|Eagles Nation on If Bill Conlin Is Suspended, H…|
|Marvin Monroe on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
|33 on Report: Glen Macnow done on WI…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Video: Claude Giroux with the goal of the year in crazy Flyers' comeback win over Blue Jackets
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola