May 22, 2012, 4:28 PM EST
Chase Utley: Knees, out.
Ryan Howard: Achilles, quarantined.
Jimmy Rollins: Baby girl, joyous occasion.
And so, your infield for this evening: Placido Polanco, Freddy Galvis, Mike Fontenot and Hector Luna. The only difference between Tuesday and Monday is that John Mayberry started at first last night, but will not be in the lineup this evening, as Luna takes his spot.
We’ve been, uh, spoiled a bit, in the last few years.
Fortunately, we’re still spoiled with starting pitching, and Roy Halladay will take the ball for the Phillies this evening. Lifetime against the Nats, Doc is 11-1 with 2.28 ERA and a 0.994 WHIP. Of course, these aren’t your older brother’s Nationals and Halladay hasn’t exactly been himself this year, so those stats don’t totally apply. We’re just hoping the trend continues.
Squaring off against Halladay, Jordan Zimmermann had been quite good this year (2.58 ERA, 1.013 WHIP), but hasn’t had much luck against the Phils during his career. He is winless in four starts against the Phillies, posting a 6.00 in just 21 innings pitched. His only ever start at CBP, in Sept. 2010, was particularly rocky, when he gave up five runs on nine hits in only three innings of work. He is 0-1 against the Phils this year and surrendered three earned in seven innings during the weekend set down in Washington earlier this month.
Charlie’s 5/22 Lineup
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 (CSN / 94.1 / 1210).
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages