Sep 19, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
It’s understandable if the Phillies were a bit sluggish on Sunday night against the Cardinals after celebrating their division crown on Saturday night. Now that we’re two nights removed from the champagne popping however, and with Roy Halladay on the mound, it’s time to focus on fine tuning the machine for the postseason.
It’s Roy Halladay (18-5, 2.34) looking for his 19th win of the season going against right-hander Kyle Lohse (13-8, 3.62).
1.) Jimmy Rollins, 2.) Shane Victorino, 3.) Chase Utley, 4.) Hunter Pence, 5.) Raul Ibanez, 6.) Placido Polanco, 7.) Ross Gload (1B), 8.) Carlos Ruiz, 9.) Roy Halladay
From the Notes: With a win tonight, Roy Halladay would become the first Phillies pitcher to record at least 40 wins over a two-season span since Hall of Famer Steve Carlton did so in 1979 (18) and 1980 (24) for a total of 42.
The Phillies magic number for home field throughout the playoffs sits at 1. So either a win tonight or a Brewers loss will get that out of the way.
7:05 from Citizens Bank Park. Let’s see if anybody can one-up JVR’s power.
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages