May 14, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
Things started out rather bleak for the Phillies as Joe Blanton gave up back-to-back home runs in the first inning to Martin Prado and Nate Mclouth to put the Braves up a quick 2-0. Jair Jurrjens dominated the Phils bats for 5 perfect innings before becoming human. Still, he was more than good enough to beat the Phillies stuttering offense this afternoon.
Full photo recap, including a look at the awesome Negro League throwbacks worn by both teams, below.
This pretty much sums up the game though:
Absolutely loved the Braves’ high socks with the horizontal stripes in the middle.
And finally, J-Roll looking smooth in the baggy uni.
AP Photos with a Charlie and Jimmy screengrab
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money