Aug 1, 2011, 6:53 PM EST
The 2011 MLB trade deadline has come and gone, with the exception of a potential smaller post-deadline deal for a Matt Stairsian type power bat off the bench, the Phillies have the team they’ll be chasing their World Series dreams with.
Suffice to say, it’s a pretty darn good one. They just finished up a successful 10-game homestand by adding an All-Star right fielder, sweeping the Pirates, and going 7-3 over that stretch.
They’ll kick off a tough 10-game road trip tonight that will take them through Denver, San Francisco, and Los Angeles before returning back to Citizens Bank Park.
Cole Hamels (12-6, 2.61) will take on right-hander Jhoulys Chacin (8-8, 3.50) and a Colorado Rockies team that is currently six games under .500 and was a seller at the deadline, departing with Ubaldo Jimenez.
You may have heard of that Hamels guy. He’s pretty good, and has allowed 2 ER or less in 11 of his last 12 starts.
It’s a late start from Colorado. 8:30 EST.
Tonight’s Lineup: Jimmy, Shane, Chase, Ryan, Hunter, Raul, Placido, Carlos, and Cole.
Longtime Level readers know our disdain for that petulant dinosaur pictured above, Dinger. Read our screed on the annoying dino here:
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages