May 14, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
The Phils found a way to keep fighting back last night, and — with the help of their young bullpen — beat the Braves to kick off Civil Rights Weekend. The story of the game had to be the fine job put in by the youngsters in the pen. Michael Stutes registered a huge strikeout, Antonio Bastardo did the same, Vance Worley played the role of setup man just fine by working a clean eighth, and Ryan Madson got the save by pitching a clean ninth.
Ryan Howard launched a home run to get things started, Shane Victorino kept his hitting streak alive while coming up with a huge RBI after seemingly getting struck out. The ump, for whatever reason, called a pitch right down the middle a ball, and Shane made the Braves pay. Raul got in on the action with what would prove to be the game-winning RBI, and the Phils started out the series on the right foot.
The jersey you see above is the Philadelphia Stars Negro League jersey that the Phils will be wearing today as part of Civil Rights Weekend. You can see another shot of the back below. Photos taken by Level reader Bryan S. at the Majestic Clubhouse Store.
The Phils will look to continue their perfect record in day games this season, 10-0, as Joe Blanton (1-1, 5.83) takes on Jair Jurrjens (4-0, 1.50).
First pitch scheduled for 1:10
|FlyersFan on Yo, Flyers, start being selfis…|
|2sentz on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
|Jason R. on Donnie Jones the 12th man for…|
|Leenie on Is Nate Allen good now, part o…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages