Aug 6, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
I was having a conversation with a friend over the weekend about how watching the Phillies play quasi-meaningless baseball over the past week has been somewhat enjoyable — “stress-free baseball,” was how it was described. Philly winning series in dramatic fashion tends to help as well.
We get to watch Dom Brown develop before our eyes — or not — and he’ll get the chance to bat second this evening as the Phillies look to play spoiler to the Braves’ wild card aspirations. Vance Worley (6-6, 3.63) will take on Ben Sheets (3-1, 1.46) in the first of three tonight. Raker Erik Kratz gets the night off this evening in favor of Worley’s battery mate Brian Schneider.
Tonight’s lineup vs ATL: Rollins SS, Brown LF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Mayberry CF, Schierholtz RF, Frandsen 3B, Schneider C, Worley P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 6, 2012
7:05 from the Bank. We can always get behind beating the Barves.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money