Aug 6, 2012, 6:14 PM EST
I was having a conversation with a friend over the weekend about how watching the Phillies play quasi-meaningless baseball over the past week has been somewhat enjoyable — “stress-free baseball,” was how it was described. Philly winning series in dramatic fashion tends to help as well.
We get to watch Dom Brown develop before our eyes — or not — and he’ll get the chance to bat second this evening as the Phillies look to play spoiler to the Braves’ wild card aspirations. Vance Worley (6-6, 3.63) will take on Ben Sheets (3-1, 1.46) in the first of three tonight. Raker Erik Kratz gets the night off this evening in favor of Worley’s battery mate Brian Schneider.
Tonight’s lineup vs ATL: Rollins SS, Brown LF, Utley 2B, Howard 1B, Mayberry CF, Schierholtz RF, Frandsen 3B, Schneider C, Worley P.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 6, 2012
7:05 from the Bank. We can always get behind beating the Barves.
|trishb on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charlie d on Jonathan Papelbon’s ugly…|
|sfsu on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|willh888 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages