May 16, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
Finally, the Phillies put together a three-game win streak with their extra-inning victory over the Astros Tuesday.
Wednesday, the Phils kick off their second straight two-game set when they meet the Cubs at 8:05 (CSN / 94.1 FM).
In four career starts against the Phils, Matt Garza is 2-1 with a 0.96 ERA. He’s surrendered just three earned runs and 13 hits in 28 innings of work. Two starts ago on Apr. 29, he went seven innings in Philadelphia before leaving the game having surrendered zero runs and only one hit. Overall this year, he’s sporting a sub-1.000 WHIP.
Standing opposed for the good guys, Kyle Kendrick is filling in for Vance Worley, who has hit the 15-day DL with elbow soreness. Ace has struggled in his three starts this season, coming into this evening with a 6.43 ERA and 1.929 WHIP, not to mention that, courtesy Corey Seidman’s evening game notes, the Phillies have lost all eight games in which Kendrick has appeared this season.
Fun Facts leftover from Yesterday
The people at Elias are simply stunning with the shi–stuff they come up with. Two fun notes from the Phils’ Wednesday win:
– Prior to Hunter Pence doing so against the Astros, only two major leaguers in the last 30 years have hit a walkoff home run after making the error that allowed the opposing team to tie the game or take the lead in the ninth inning or later. One was the Chicago White Sox’ Juan Uribe in 2007. The other was Jimmy Rollins in 2010. Both times, it happened to the Cleveland Indians.– Jake Diekman became just the third Phillies reliever over the last 20 years to win his major league debut, joining Sergio Escalona (2009) and Wayne Gomes (1997).– Wayne Gomes
Charlie’s 5/16 lineup
1. Rollins, SS
2. Pierre. LF
3. Victorino, CF
4. Pence, RF
5. Ruiz, C
6. Polanco, 3B
7. Mayberry, 1B
8. Galvis, 2B
9. Kendrick, P
Chooch moving up to the 5-hole. Now if we could just get Charlie to start batting him ahead of Wigginton.
8:05, guys. Come on, Kyle.
|t800m101 on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages