Apr 29, 2012, 12:36 PM EST
The Phillies will be your appetizer this afternoon prior to the Flyers and Devils getting their playoff series underway later in the day. RHP Matt Garza (1-1, 3.38) throws for the Cubs and will face RHP Kyle Kendrick (0-1, 9.39) for the Fightins.
Kendrick will look to try to get something positive going after a real rough outing in Arizona in which he was bashed around to the tune of 7 earned on 11 hits in only 3 innings of work. He had that awful first inning in which the D-Backs batted around. Hopefully this one’s not over by 2:00 p.m.
The Phils found some offense last night with Jimmy Rollins back at the top of the order. Charlie Manuel will keep him there again today with: 1. Rollins, 2. Pierre, 3. Pence, 4. Wigginton (3B), 5. Victorino, 6. Nix (1B), 7. Schneider, 8. Galvis, 9. Kendrick.
Carlos Ruiz took a nock to the head last night (but also bashed a home run). He’ll rest today.
1:35 first pitch. Busy day in the sports complex. Septa is your friend. Go team.
Positive from the Game Notes: “The Phillies lead all National League clubs this season with a .988 fielding percentage … Philadelphia has committed only 10 errors this season in 810 total chances which is the fewest for any NL club (T-4th fewest in MLB).” Gahl-vees.
|Joseph on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|jpeezo on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages