Apr 29, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
The Phillies will be your appetizer this afternoon prior to the Flyers and Devils getting their playoff series underway later in the day. RHP Matt Garza (1-1, 3.38) throws for the Cubs and will face RHP Kyle Kendrick (0-1, 9.39) for the Fightins.
Kendrick will look to try to get something positive going after a real rough outing in Arizona in which he was bashed around to the tune of 7 earned on 11 hits in only 3 innings of work. He had that awful first inning in which the D-Backs batted around. Hopefully this one’s not over by 2:00 p.m.
The Phils found some offense last night with Jimmy Rollins back at the top of the order. Charlie Manuel will keep him there again today with: 1. Rollins, 2. Pierre, 3. Pence, 4. Wigginton (3B), 5. Victorino, 6. Nix (1B), 7. Schneider, 8. Galvis, 9. Kendrick.
Carlos Ruiz took a nock to the head last night (but also bashed a home run). He’ll rest today.
1:35 first pitch. Busy day in the sports complex. Septa is your friend. Go team.
Positive from the Game Notes: “The Phillies lead all National League clubs this season with a .988 fielding percentage … Philadelphia has committed only 10 errors this season in 810 total chances which is the fewest for any NL club (T-4th fewest in MLB).” Gahl-vees.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money